Work, Learn, Train & Earn with EPS Fife
About the Role
EPS Services & Tooling is an expanding business located in Kirkcaldy, Fife.
We specialise in providing quality saw blade, tooling servicing & repair to the timber trade.
We are looking to employ an additional apprentice Saw Doctor, duties include levelling and tensioning and sharpening wide bandsaw blades, circular saws and other ranges of woodworking tooling by means of CNC machinery.
You will sharpen and repair saws and cutters to a high quality in accordance with workshop specifications and best practice standards to ensure reliability and availability of saws and cutters for customers.
- Tensioning bandsaw blades on manual tensioning bench as well as CNC automatic levelling and tensioning machine under the guidance of a qualified Saw Doctor.
- Sharpen and maintain circular saws on CNC grinding machines, under the guidance of a qualified Saw Doctor.
- Sharpen and maintain cutters on CNC grinding machines, under the guidance of a qualified Saw Doctor.
- Sharpening bandsaw blades to a high standard on CNC grinding machinery under the guidance of a qualified Saw Doctor.
- Ensure all saws are readily available and serviced to the correct specification
- Repairs to saws by tig welding under the guidance of a qualified Saw Doctor.
- Assist with problem solving and troubleshooting around the reliability of bandsaws, ensuring that issues are dealt with promptly to reduce saw failures and unplanned saw changes for customers.
- Ensure safe working practices, promote a healthy and safe workplace by proactively undertaking responsibilities outlined in the company’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- Be fully committed and engaged in all aspects of training to understand and achieve quality saw doctoring functions.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with others.